Thursday, October 27, 2011

Shrinky Dink Necklace


I just recently picked up some sheets of shrink plastic (AKA Shrinky Dinks) and am totally in love! This stuff has put a new spin on my creativity, and caused me to think in new ways. I have been ferociously scribbling down ideas and designs, and find myself even thinking of things I can make just before I fall asleep. It might be on the verge of weird and obsessive, but I am having fun so, Oh well!





I recently made this fun necklace charm out of shrink plastic. It was super easy- simply draw on the plastic, cut it out, and stick it in the oven.




Though I would love to take credit for making the necklace too, it came from my sister. I simply attached a jump ring to the charm, and stuck it on the necklace I already had.

This was my first experience with this material, and since then I have really experimented and tweaked a lot. So, the next time I show you something with shrink plastic, it will look better than this!

No comments:

Post a Comment