Thursday, July 28, 2011

Crochet Art

I love this new little piece! I just randomly started doing some little crochet motif patterns, and practicing some different stitches, and next thing I knew, I had a bunch of these wonderfully colorful gems! So, I thought about what to do with them, and decided that I was going to use them for an extra splash of color in my bathroom.

Heres how it turned out...



I really liked the idea of putting them on the frame, instead of inside it. It felt different and unique to me, and I thought it added some extra interest.



I had thought about doing this project for a really long time, so I was fully committed to it. I really struggled with how I wanted the pieces to attach to the frame, and finally decided the only way that was going to work for me was glue. So I busted out the trusty hot glue gun, and once I felt like I had the placement perfect, I got right to work.




A tad small for that particular space in the bathroom, but oh well! I still really love it, and it will look great in any place I stick it!



What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome! I love the colors! As for it being small for the space I think if you were to get two smaller frames and put a single medallion inside each of the frames, one below, and one on top it would accent the big frame-busting piece really well!

    ReplyDelete