Friday, May 20, 2011

My back deck

I took a moment yesterday after a long day to sit back and relax in my backyard. While its not the most glamorous deck, or yard, I love it for all its worth. It makes me really appreciate summer and nice weather ;) After cleaning it up, and giving some plants some much needed love, I snapped a couple pics to show it off...



We rent this house, and this deck is super strange and not the way I would have done it if it were my way. I mean, thank goodness we don't have kids, cause it would be totally unsafe! There aren't any railings, or posts of any sort- the deck just stops... But like I said, we rent and we just can't be spending money on things like that when we don't even know how long we will be renting this place...

So I put up the bench and some tables and plants to kind of hide the drop off, and make the deck look a little more contained.

This is the back door, off of the kitchen, and my favorite part of the deck. I love the way everything looks all together like that!

This adorable yellow bench came with the house- something that a previous renter left behind. And I'm pretty sure you can guarantee it won't be at this house still when we leave... I love it that much!

The cute little oriental, metal, candle holders came with the house as well. And those are coming with me when we leave too!

And, I got really excited about my orchids that bloomed! They never fail me, and have been blooming every year since I got them! They were dug from a family friends garden years ago when she passed on, and her kids were selling her house- they gave us permission of course! It is such a nice reminder of her wonderful spirit whenever they bloom.



Although, it looks like I'm not the only one enjoying the orchids! There is some type of bug out there that is eating the flowers! Oh well, I'm happy to feed another...

No comments:

Post a Comment