Friday, October 1, 2010

My Dresser is done!

Remember this?
For those of you who are new to my blog, this is a super cute dresser that I got from a family member. I was looking for something that I could put my fish tank on, that would also give me that extra amount of storage that I so desperately needed. I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it, and knew the great potential it had. My boyfriend wasn't so sure about this piece, but that's just cause he didn't see the picture I had in my head, and once it was done, he totally loved it!



We sanded it down, painted it, and added new hardware, and VIOLA! A new piece for the amazing price of Free-99!! Super Stoked on it!

Anyways, it has been forever since I did this, and it has just been sitting there all lonely with no fish tank on top. I was getting anxious and irritated cause all we needed to do to get the whole thing set up was fish and decorations for the tank (It took us a couple months to get those things). We finally got everything going, and I am super stoked on the whole set up. I love the way the tank looks, and I love the dresser. The only thing that I think I am going to change is eventually getting some different, brighter knobs for the drawers. Something that makes it pop a little more... But thats down the road...


Since we don't have cable, a good portion of our entertainment comes from our two kitties and now the fish tank- animals are always a good source of entertainment...

Don't you just love the shell/straw wall hanging I got?!?! Homegoods baby! I originally had it in the bathroom, but decided that I wanted to look at it more often, so I moved it to the living room.

Pardon the cord... This wall doesn't have an outlet for some strange reason, so we are going to have to put the cord over the bedroom door on the right, but I wanted to get a white one so it doesn't show as much, and just haven't gotten around to it yet... You know how that goes...


I also just had to share another score I got from Ikea. This amazingly cute rug was only $20 at Ikea! I am super stoked on it!

I love the gray, and I know that it will go with anything and with any color, and has the potential to move around to any room (We all know how much I like moving things around!)

I am stumped now though, cause I was going to do a project where I turn my coffee table into an ottoman (another great fix for small places. It will double as much needed seating when guests are over), but I don't know if the fabric I chose is going to clash with the rug, or if its going to make it look too cluttered... I might just need to go with a different fabric... More on that later....

1 comment:

  1. Shut the front door, you got that rug for $20?!!! Well done!

    ReplyDelete