Thursday, October 21, 2010

Clutter Free and Organized

I have said this before, and I am going to say it again- Clutter is my biggest pet peeve. I simply cannot function while clutter is amidst me, therefore, I am always looking for different ways to avoid clutter. This has led to an obsession with anything that will help organize my house- containers, boxes, using things for double purposes, and finding new and cheap things to help organize.

Here are some great ideas and helpful tips on how to organize your everyday items and keep a more clutter free home.

An old TP roll is the perfect thing to keep all your hair accessories in one place. Although, if your like me and have tons of hair things, this might not hold all of them- at least it could keep the hair ties in an easy to find place.

Painted egg cartons and rubber muffin liners are a great option to store office supplies in a drawer

I thought this was really cute! Use a toothbrush holder as a pen holder! Cute, and functional!

Muffin tins are great for storing small random items. We all have that "junk drawer" somewhere in our home, and this is a good idea to keep them all corralled and controlled.

Flower pots are a cute idea to hold kindling next to the fireplace in a neat and organized way. I love the idea of using pinecones (in another pot) cause they are fun to watch in the fire- they are bright and exciting. The other little pot has dried up lavender in it that is used for some good smell in the fire- never in a million years would I have thought of this but Martha is a genius!

Laundry hampers can take up lots of precious floor space, and this is a great fix for that. Hang a laundry bag over the door, and use an embroidery hoop to keep the bag open (keeping a mental note of this too)

Ice cube trays are great storage containers as well. They can keep small earrings or broaches all in one neat place.

It never fails- the remote always has a way of escaping and getting lost. Use a cute little vase on your table to keep it in the same place so it wont have the tendency to walk away

Where I live, it rains- a lot. When you come inside, you are always getting the floor wet from your boots- to avoid that, keep your boots on a cookie sheet to keep the dripping water all in one place that can easily be dumped.

The never-ending plastic bag dilemma... You want to save the environment and recycle, but these darn bags always make more of a mess under my sink than anything! Here is a great solution! Keep them in an empty Kleenex container and they are easily accessible and kept in one neat place. I am going to have to give this a go

I used to have a couple of these really tall vases hanging around and didn't know what to do with them- didn't even think of this as an option! This way, your guests don't need to go rummaging around under your sink (which chances are- isn't organized) when they need a new roll, and you always know when you are about to run out of TP


Images Via Martha Stewart and Real Simple

1 comment:

  1. You and I had the same thought today! Love all these stylish ways to get organized. The bright red rubber muffin cups are awesome.

    ReplyDelete