Thursday, September 23, 2010

Color Crush: Brown

Like most young people, I couldn't afford to buy my own furniture when I very first moved out at 19. And, like most other young people, I acquired lots of hand-me-down furniture and whatnot that my family didn't want, or bought for me. Because of that, I have always had a hodge-podge of furniture, with non of it matching. This has been bothering me for years! I am just now beginning to get all my furniture to match, and flow together, and have adult things. I was just sitting around today, admiring all that I have done in my own home, and realized just how much I am loving the color brown, and that it was a really good pick of color for all my furniture...

Hence, inspiration for this post!


Brown is a universal color, that can work well in any room, with just about any thing.

Accents of it are all over this dining room, and it is lovely, and still bright!

Brown comes in so many shades, you can brighten it up, or tone it down, and still keep them in the same room together. It can be the main color scheme for your space, or it can neutralize the space, giving you room to add another color

Decor Pad
I just adore this bedroom! Since brown can be a really overwhelming, and dark color, a lot of people tend to stay away from it in large amounts. I love how this room has lots of the color, but is still bright and airy!

Brown and blue are one of my favorite color combinations! (this is the scheme for my living room)

David Bromstead
Apartment Therapy
HGTV
House To Home
I love how all the plants, the table, and the shutters pop because of the brown walls on the exterior. Super cute!

Kelly Wearstler
The wallpaper looks like a tree! That is really interesting!


CoCoCozy made the brown in the living room completely pop and look amazing with the colorful pillows.


Decor Pad
Decor Pad
Decor Pad

No comments:

Post a Comment