Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Benches

So, I am always talking about how much I love different pieces of furniture in the house, and I think that the main thing that I find in common with all of them is that they are versatile, and can be used for a ton of different things, in a ton of different places. If you are anything like me, and re-arrange your house often, you know what I am talking about. I want pieces in my house that will double as something else, or that I can put ANYWHERE in my house.

This is why I love benches. They are comfortable, stylish, and can be used anywhere around the house whether its inside or outside.


Nathan Egan
A hallway is a perfect spot for a bench, due to the narrow space. I love it just outside the bedroom!

House Beautiful
Mmmmmmmm tufting all the way up the wall...

Harry Gils photography
Perfect in an office, where it can be tucked away when not in use, and brought out when there is a need for a significant amount of seating. *I adore the shelves and pics above the bench*

Design Sponge
Not sure what kind of room this is, but the tufted bench is a splendid addition

Martensen Jones Interior
Of course, benches are completely amazing outside

Living Etc.
My second favorite idea for benches is to use them at the dining table. It is a nice touch of character to an ordinary look.

Decor Pad
I love the pillows! For shorter people, like me, its nice to sit a little higher, plus they add a lot of texture and softness to this room

Decor Pad
My third favorite idea for benches is in the entryway/foyer. They aren't as bulky as a chair, but still give that space to sit and put your shoes on, or set your purse down

Jim Howard
This is my #1 favorite idea for a bench. At the end of the bed. I am always dreaming about what to put in this space, and a bench is always the winner!

House and Home
If you can fit it, in the bathroom is adorable! I love the patterns in this bathroom, with the sink and mirror! Super Cute!

Decor Pad
I love everything about this room! The walls, the pink chairs, the tufted bench, the striped couch, the bookshelves, the mirror.... Super Stoked on this room- I'm practically giddy

Ralph Lauren
A bench in the living room is a nice change up from the norm. Great spot for extra guests to sit!


Where do you like to see benches? Where do you put yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment